Thursday, February 7, 2008

Mother makes misbehaving son apologize with sign on street corner

A teary-eyed second grader says he learned his lesson about responsibility.
His mother made him stand on a street corner across from his school Wednesday with a sign that read, "I was rude to my teacher. I can't come to school. I'm sorry." Marcia Harvey said her son just made the honor roll at Brentwood Elementary. But she said he had had a lapse in judgment and acted up in class.
.
.
Harvey says she loves her son very much but she wanted to teach him a lesson about making good choices, and the consequences of making bad ones. "I want him to be successful in life," said Harvey. "This is something I thought of that would maybe get his attention." It did. "I got to be good in school", the boy said as tears rolled down his face.

No comments: