Tuesday, June 24, 2008

SHOPPING TIP: Don't Buy Food at Walmart

Something staring back at me in a can of green beans
Texas wedding caterer Dale Cane found a dead rat's head in one of the twenty cans of Allen's Italian Green Beans he bought at Walmart. Allen's quickly offered Cane $200 if he agreed to keep quiet, and assured him that "the Pasteurization process renders the product sterile and completely safe for consumption." Even worse, this isn't the first time a dead rat's head popped up in a can of Allen's Green Beans...
Picture
.
Something Nasty Wriggles My Way
I stopped at the local Wal-Mart this morning to buy Ibuprofen whilst checking out, I noticed a bag of trail mix and decided that I would grab some. I had not had any in a while.
I opened them up just a little while ago and began to savor the nutty, salty, sweet goodness. I let the taste develop in my mouth for as long as I could before having to swallow it. I grabbed another handful, and another. Before I knew it, I had eaten approximately 1/4 of the contents of the bag.
It was in the next handful that I noticed something peculiar. Staring at me from in between two raisins was this dehydrated worm like creature. The length and girth of it reminds me of a leech, but the ridges on it remind me of an earthworm.
Pictures

No comments: