Saturday, January 17, 2009

Woman driver parks car on top of neighbors

A female driver managed to mount a neighbors car when doing a three-point turn in a tight suburban cul-de-sac.
The woman hit the accelerator instead of the brake on her automatic car and her £18,000 B Class Mercedes vehicle shot onto the roof of a Chrysler Neon parked in a driveway in Ashtead, Surrey.
The Chrysler's owner Robert Den-Hartog, 35, a primary school teacher, discovered his £10,000 car had been wrecked after being woken by the noise of the impact.
"She said, 'you're not going to believe this,' so I ran over to the bedroom window and looked out. I just said: 'Holy Moses!' and ran down stairs to help the woman out of the car."
He added: "When we were woken by it I was shocked and hoping that she wasn't hurt.
"I wasn't really angry but you never get the full money back form the insurance and I suppose now I'm going to have to look for a new car. I think mine is pretty much written off."
.

No comments: