Friday, June 19, 2009

You found what in your cinnamon roll?

"I found a Band Aid in about the third piece of mine," said Lisa Burrows, a local mother of three children. "A used Band-Aid."
Burrows said she purchased the sweet snack at the Albertsons on Federal Way last week. And now she wants answers as to how something like a used bandage could wind up in her and her children's food.
"It was disgusting, sickening," she said. "My kids had eaten (the rolls) - I wanted to know if I was at risk for any diseases."
Burrows says she took the offending sweet roll back to the grocery chain. The store manager, she says, was sickened and sympathetic to her sticky situation. But an Albertsons corporate representative, Burrows said, wasn't so apologetic.
"The claims adjuster was very rude and said they were not at fault," she says.
She says the adjuster told her the sweet rolls came frozen from a third party baker in New York and it was not Albertsons' fault.
"I want some answers," she said. "I want to know why they think they're not responsible for it when they're selling it - it's on their shelf - it has their label on it."
"I (won't) eat cinnamon rolls again," she said.
VIDEO
.

No comments: