Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Where does it hurt?

Truck driver impaled on metal pole tells boss: "I'm in a spot of bother"
A critically-hurt driver sits impaled to his truck by a pole - moments after calmly telling his boss: "I'm in a spot of bother."
Jason Ripley, 39, was speared just inches from his heart when a loose barrier hidden by overgrown bushes bounced on to the bonnet and through his windscreen.
But without a hint of panic, the dad-of-two grabbed his phone, called work and explained his horrific plight to colleagues.
He revealed: "There was seven or eight feet of pole sticking out. It could have been the adrenaline but I managed to stay calm.
"I told my boss, 'I've had a bit of an accident.”
"I don't think they understood, but something must have clicked because they called me back and I told them, 'I'm not messing about, I'm dying'.
.
Man Who Thought He Was a Ninja
Seattle police say a man who thought he was a ninja was impaled on a metal fence when he tried to leap over it.
An officer who was looking for an assault victim nearby Monday night heard the man screaming for help.
Police supported him to prevent further injuries until medics arrived and took him to a hospital, where he was in serious condition in intensive care on Tuesday.
Police spokeswoman Renee Witt wrote in a department Web site posting that officers thought the man might have been involved in the reported assault, but he insisted he was just a ninja trying to clear a 4- to 5-foot-tall fence.
Witt says the man was "overconfident in his abilities," and that alcohol likely played a role.
.

1 comment:

Mark Bentley said...

TOP STORY
"It is remarkable that he lived and was able to be calm about this!"