Sunday, January 25, 2009

Small Bits of News You Didn’t Know you Needed

Man sacked (fired) over bathroom habits
Amador Bernabe, 43, uses water to clean himself instead of toilet paper.
Mr Bernabe, a machine operator on a working visa from the Philippines, said it was his culture.
But on Thursday he got the shock of his life when his foreman followed him into the toilet questioning his toilet hygiene.
"I went to go to the toilet and I took a bottle of water when my foreman saw me and he said `you can't bring the water in there'," Mr Bernabe said.
"I asked why and he said it wasn't good but I said it's our way and he followed me into the toilet.
"I said it's my personal hygiene. I didn't break any law, I didn't break any rules of the company, why can't I do this, and he said he would report me to the manager.
"The next morning when I came in I went to punch my time card and he told me the manager wanted to talk to me in his office.
"He asked me what had happened and I explained to him and he said if I didn't follow the Australian way I would be immediately terminated and I said `sir, then you better terminate me'."
.
Mad Izatie said...
ok, well firing people for bringing water into the bathroom is absolutely stupid.
.

.
Mexico man 'dissolved 300 bodies'
A man arrested by Mexican police says he disposed of 300 bodies for a drugs gang over the past decade by dissolving them in chemicals.
Santiago Meza, called the "stew maker" said he was paid $600 (£440) a week to dissolve the bodies of murdered rival gang members in caustic soda.
.
Infection Claims Model's Hands, Feet and Then Her Life
Officials say a Brazilian model whose feet and hands were amputated because of an Urinary Tract Infection has died.
Officials said in a statement early Saturday that 20-year-old Mariana Bridi's condition deteriorated overnight. She died at 2:30 a.m.
The Espirito Santo State Health Secretariat said in the statement she died from complications related to a generalized infection. It was caused by the bacteria Pseudomonas aeruginosa, which is known to be resistant to multiple kinds of antibiotics.
The beauty pageant contestant was suffering a generalized infection that forced the amputation of her hands and feet earlier this week because the flow of oxygen to her limbs was reduced.
PICTURES and More
.
Girl, 11, Loses Leg Playing on Train Tracks
Authorities in Texas say an 11-year-old girl was run over by a train that severed one of her legs and seriously injured the other.
Officers said Gisselle Marroquin was playing with friends on railroad tracks behind their homes east of Houston on Friday.
Harris County sheriff's Lt. John Legg said the children would grab the side of a slow-moving railroad car and let it pull them along. Gisselle slipped and fell under the train.
Alex Rodriguez, a spokeswoman for Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center said the girl was in critical condition Saturday.
Union Pacific crew members in the locomotive never saw the girl.
.
Bad Training? Bad Owner? or Bad Dog?
A 13-month-old child was bitten in the head by a Linn County Sheriff’s Office dog Friday night and is recovering at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics.

The child "suffered head lacerations from a single bite wound," according to a statement released by Sheriff Brian Gardner, and was taken to St. Luke’s Hospital before being transferred to Iowa City by helicopter.
The bite happened at Deputy Shawn Ireland’s home in northwest Cedar Rapids about 8:40 p.m. Friday. The dog, named Axel, is a 4-year-old Belgian Malinois, and has been partnered with Ireland since October.
Ireland, 30, is an eight-year veteran of the sheriff’s office who works in the patrol division. He was in the room and saw the dog bite the child. Gardner said the child did not provoke the dog, but perhaps the dog was wound up from playing with Ireland.
Gardner said he’s still weighing the options — trading the dog in at the kennel for a different one, pairing the dog with a new deputy or keeping Ireland paired with the dog.
The sheriff said it’s unlikely the dog will be euthanized.
.

No comments: