Tuesday, March 10, 2009

World’s oldest conjoined twins

Extraordinary life ... Ronnie, left, and Donnie share a home in Dayton, Ohio
When Maureen Galyon gave birth in 1951, she had no idea she was expecting two babies - let alone conjoined twins.
The tots, joined at the torso, were not expected to survive the night as baffled doctors tried to work out if they could be separated.
Now, at 57, Ronnie and Donnie are the world’s oldest conjoined twins and have amazed the medic world by hanging onto life for so long.
And, as their health declines and they near their dying days, the pair have opened their doors to a documentary team to reveal the secrets of their extraordinary life together.
Although every day is a struggle as the men have to coordinate the simplest of tasks, they have a close, loving relationship and are able to live together in their own home in Dayton, Ohio.
.

2 comments:

walleydonna@yahoo.com said...

I HAD THE HONOR OF MEETING RONNIE AND DONNIE IN 1982. I WAS WORKING WITH THE CARNIVAL . WHEN THEY JOINED US.I REALLY ENJOYED TALKING TO THEM.I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM THEM IF POSSIBLE.I THINK THEY ARE VERY SPECIAL.I USE TO GO BY AND TALK TO THEM ON MY BREAKS.I WORKED FOR AMUSEMENTS OF AMERICA . E-MAIL ADDRESS IS walleydonna@yahoo.com

Thinking about conjoined twins said...

read my imagination about conjoined quadruplets at http://paidcritique.blogspot.com/2011/06/thinking-about-conjoined-twins.html