Friday, January 25, 2008

Couple Protests Jet Noise With Rooftop Sign

The message, printed in 7-foot-tall letters on the roof of their Ridley Township home, begins with a popular profanity beginning with the letter "F," continues with the letter "U" to stand for "you" and ends with "F.A.A.," the initials of the Federal Aviation Administration, which the couple says hasn't heard their concerns due to a full mailbox for the noise complaint hot line.

I have to sleep with earplugs at night in my own house," Hall said. The reportedly profane message is accompanied by the words "No Fly Zone" and a plane with a line through it."I wanted to have little things that were shooting the plane down, but my girlfriend thought I would get arrested, so I settled for the picture that's up there," Hall said.

No comments: