Saturday, March 14, 2009

MRI with built-in water bong

Smoking during a brain scan is not easy. Why would you want to? Because functional magnetic resonance imaging (FMRI) allows researchers to observe activity in the brain, and doing so while smoking tobacco or pot could enhance our understanding of addiction and how to treat it.
But during an MRI, the head must remain completely still. In the narrow bore of a superconducting magnet, there isn't much room to maneuver a cigarette or eat a pot brownie either. So Blaise Frederick at Harvard Medical School built a device that delivers smoke into the narrow confines of a scanner.
Displaying skills that would put MacGyver to shame, Frederick constructed a makeshift water pipe inside of a picnic cooler, then ran 2.4 meters of tubing to a plastic facemask that rests inside of the scanner. Since the mask is made from materials that are not magnetic, it will not interfere with the imaging.



Toilet in a Japanese café


Female Wrestling - NSFW

Ukrainian Female Mud Wrestling



Small Bits of News You Didn’t Know you Needed

Lady puts tanning bulbs into pub lights.
People got sunstroke inside a pub - after the manager accidentally put in bulbs from a tanning machine.
Emma McLean replaced the blue strip lights behind the bar with high-powered ultraviolet tubes.
Unsuspecting workers and regulars stood underneath the lights for hours and some needed hospital treatment.
Barman Morgan Smith suffered severe burns to his neck at the pub in Buckie, Banffshire.
His sister Emma, 21, said: "He was really badly burnt and had sunstroke.
"He was all dizzy and couldn't see because of the brightness of the lights.
"His neck started peeling and was in a right state.
"Nobody could believe he got sunstroke from standing behind a bar."
"The lamps are only supposed to be used for a few minutes at a time.
Carpool Dummy Gets Ticket
You forgot to buckle up, the dummy!
A commuter who put a homemade dummy in the passenger seat to sneak into the car pool lane was caught Wednesday near Seattle. But it wasn’t because a cop realized the passenger was fake.
Instead, the State Patrol trooper noticed the dangling belt buckle on the passenger side and suspected a seat belt violation.
Patrol spokeswoman Christina Martin said that the driver acknowledged trying to beat traffic by using the HOV lane.
He created his passenger by draping a rain jacket over plasticpiping, topping it off with a Halloween mask of Gandalf, the "Lord of the Rings" wizard, a beard and a baseball cap.
The trooper issued a $124 ticket and confiscated the dummy.
Woman Puts Drugs In Boss's Coffee So He'll 'Chill Out'
A woman is in jail after police say she drugged her boss. Police say an employee from the Reynolds Road Animal Clinic slipped a Valium into one of the veterinarian's cups of coffee sending him to the emergency room.
Shortly after Dr. John Duckett had some, coffee he knew something was wrong. Employees at the clinic tell police they thought he was having a heart attack, but it turns out he had been drugged by one of his own. There are certain things you expect to find in your morning cup of Joe like sugar and creamer, but not drugs.
Veterinarian Dr. John Duckett knew something didn't feel right while working Tuesday morning at the Reynolds Road Animal Clinic in Bryant. That's when someone from the clinic called 911.
"He knew he hadn't taken any medication, he hadn't taken any prescription pills. He had suspected that he had been poisoned at his office," says Todd Crowson with the Bryant police.
Now 24-year-old Erin Kelly is behind bars after telling police she drugged Duckett because, "he needed to chill out." "She came in this morning and we talked with her and she ended up telling us what happened, pretty much confessing," Crowson said. "She actually admitted to putting a substance in his coffee which turned out to be a Benzodiapine." Benzodiazepines, like Valium, are tranquilizers. They can reduce inhibitions, typically used for reducing stress or anxiety. We're told Kelly worked at the clinic cleaning cages. Now she's in one.
Man Unwisely Tries to Rob a Tae Kwon Do Studio
A robber gets more than he bargained for when he targets a Tae Kwon Do studio in suburban Milwaukee.
The robber thought he could quietly slip in and out of David Kang's studio in Fox Point with some loot.
What he didn't realize is that he would encounter a Tae Kwon Do master who wasn't about to let him off the hook. Kang was giving a private lesson Tuesday and heard someone in his office. Kang found the man going through his closet, grabbed him by the neck and sat him down while he called police.
The robber took off and Kang gave chase, finally catching up with the man and holding him by the neck until police arrived.


N.J. salon owners to state: Mind your own "B" wax
Authorities to clamp down on bikini waxing in New Jersey
Things could get hairy in New Jersey this summer for women who sport revealing bikinis or a little bit less.
The painful Brazilian wax and its intimate derivatives are in danger of being stripped from salon and spa menus if a recent proposal to ban genital waxing is passed by the state's Board of Cosmetology and Hairstyling.
Cherry Hill salon owner Linda Orsuto said that women would "go ballistic" if the proposal passed. She said that some women would resort to waxing themselves, visiting unlicensed salons or traveling to other states, including Pennsylvania, in a quest to remain bare down there.
New Jersey statutes allow waxing of the face, neck, arms, legs and abdomen, but officials say that genital waxing has always been illegal, although not spelled out.
Regardless, almost every salon in South Jersey, from Atlantic City casinos to suburban strip malls, has been breaking the law for years by ridding women, and some men, of their pubic hair for $50 to $60 a session.

Indian boy survives being impaled on metal pole


A six-year-old boy has survived falling off the roof of a house and landing on an upturned metal pole.
Mihir Kumar was celebrating the Holi festival in Ranchi, India, when the accident occurred.
He slipped off the roof of his family home and landed on a the five foot-long iron rod that was left standing on a building site.
The pole punched through his rib cage and came out the other side.
His father said Mihir "endured terrible pain".
He was rushed to hospital where he underwent three-hour surgery at the Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences to remove the rod.
He is now recovering in hospital.
Dr Sandeep Agarwal, one of the three surgeons to operate on the boy, said he had miraculously escaped major internal injuries.