Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Mexican boy glues hand to bed to avoid going back to school

A 10-year-old Mexican boy glued his hand to his bed to avoid going back to school after the Christmas break, authorities said yesterday."I thought if I was glued to the bed, they couldn't make me go to school," the boy, Diego, said. "I didn't want to go, the holidays were so much fun." "I remembered my mom had bought a very strong glue," he said of the industrial strength shoe glue he used to stick his hand to the bed's metal headboard, where he stayed stuck for two hours.
His mother Sandra Palacios was unable to free him and called paramedics and police to help. Diego watched cartoons while they worked to unglue him, eventually using a spray to dissolve the chemical adhesive. "I don't know why this happened. He is a very good boy," said his mother. Diego eventually made it school a few hours late.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Advances In School Avoidance

Sadly for me there was no superglue when I was a kid

He could have glued his mother's hand to her bed then gone out to play. (I was a hooky advisor in my younger days.)