Thursday, March 6, 2008

"I am stupid"

Teen carries 'I was stupid' sign after speeding ticket

A Florida teenager faced an unusual punishment after police caught him driving more than 100 mph. Adam Clark was pulled over going 107 mph in a 55-mph zone; neither the police nor his mother were pleased.
Adam's mother, Heidi Wisniewski, not only took his car away, but also made him a sign to show outside of his school every morning and every afternoon.
He was forced to hold a sign reading, "I was stupid. I drove over 100 mph and got caught. Thank God! I could have killed me and my friends."
Adam said he got some strange looks and laughs from classmates at Orlando's Merritt Island High School, but said he accepts his punishment. Despite the humiliation, he said he isn't mad at his mother. "She was mad," Adam said. "She gave me the silent treatment. But I think I deserve my car getting taken away and everything." With news video.

No comments: