Sunday, June 15, 2008

Dog Swept Up, And Killed By NYC Street Sweeper

Driver Said To Be Driving Fast, Wearing Headphones

A Bronx man is devastated after his dog was swept up and killed by a city street sweeper Thursday morning. The incident occurred at Randall and St. Lawrence avenues in the Soundview section of the borough. Witnesses say the sweeper came speeding down the street, swerving to avoid a speed bump, before yanking the dog, a Boston Terrier named Ginger, right out of her leash.
"We couldn't believe that man could be driving that fast and sweep up the little dog like he was a piece of garbage or something, and then don't even say 'I'm sorry.'



2 comments:

Mad Izatie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mad Izatie said...

I can't imagine having a pet being killed in front of an owners eyes but I know the feeling of having a pet killed by someones incompetence. My five 1 week old abandoned kittens died at my vets hands because they DID NOT KNOW HOW TO FEED KITTENS - I had to leave them at the vet because I had to go somewhere else. I miss them still. And I regret leaving them there. I blame myself for leaving them at that incompetent vet's practice.