Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Woman Who is Allergic to Modern Technology

For most people talking on a mobile phone, cooking dinner in the microwave or driving in a car is simply part of modern living in 21st century Britain. But completing any such tasks is impossible for Debbie Bird - because she is allergic to Cell Phones and Microwaves. The 39-year-old is so sensitive to the electromagnetic field (emf) or 'smog' created by computers, mobile phones, microwave ovens and even some cars, that she develops a painful skin rash and her eyelids swell to three times their size if she goes near them. As a consequence, Mrs Bird, a health spa manager, has transformed her home into an EMF-free zone to try and stay healthy. 'I can no longer do things that I used to take for granted,' Mrs Bird said. "My day-to-day life has been seriously affected by EMF".
.
TimO said...
Of course her own brain will also produce those same symptoms.
Otherwise the background emf of radio stations, tv stations, weather and airport radars would have her 'sick' even in her 'emf-proof' home. Easy enough to put her through a double-blind test (where neither she or the tester is aware if a device is really putting out emf or not) to see if she is 'allergic' to emf or really just THINKS she is....I'm betting on the latter.
.
I agree with TimO a persons brain can play a big roll in a person life from making a person sick if that person believes it. It can also help to heal certain illness. I have even put the thought in my head that I was sick to get out of a class when I was in Junior High. The thing about it I wasn't sick but I made the office staff to believe me with how I looked.
.

No comments: