Thursday, July 9, 2009

Too Much Chocolate Kills Man

Man dies after falling into vat of chocolate
A man has died after falling into a vat of boiling melted chocolate in a New Jersey processing plant.
The man identified as 29-year-old Vincent Smith II. He was a temporary worker at the Cocoa Services Inc. plant.
The bizarre accident took place at 10.30am on Wednesday morning. Mr Smith was standing on a plank above the vat loading chocolate into a tank where it is melted and mixed before being shipped elsewhere to be made into chocolate bars.
A co-worker tried to shut off the machine and two others tried to pull Mr Smith out of the 8-foot-deep vat.
However, they could not save him because he was hit and fatally injured by the agitator that mixes the chocolate.
Fox News reported he was in the vat of boiling chocolate for 10 minutes before rescue crews arrived on the scene. When the ambulance crew finally pulled him out he was dead.
The tank, reportedly filled with chocolate bound for Hershey bars, was heated at 120F


Anon Y. Mous said...

This is number 3 on my list of "How I want to Die."

The Man said...

What is the first two Die from Sex and Die from Bacon

littleoslo said...

so odd... so ridiculous ...

however the chocolate wasnt too warm.. . it does make it less horrible.