Thursday, February 4, 2010

School Principal Suspended for Calling Students 'Stupid'

The principal of Litchfield Elementary School has been put on administrative leave after a letter he wrote as a joke commenting on their children's math skills apparently found its way to parents.
Principal Ron Sterr apparently distributed the letter to teachers last week as a joke -- but one teacher who thought it was real sent it home to parents of her second grade class.
The letter read in part: "The math we do is really easy. If your child is either too lazy or too stupid to finish it in class, I'm sending it home so that you can work with them and judge for yourself whether it is laziness or idiocy that inhibits your child's progress."
The principal was put on administrative leave following a flood of phone calls from outraged parents, and is pending further disciplinary action.
.
Other parents think the district is blowing the letter out of proportion.
.
.

1 comment:

Eric said...

When I was a student I tried this so called sense of humor with teachers or principals.

I got in trouble and no one was saying how wonderful I was or how I was adding to enlighten the humor of the environment.