Saturday, September 13, 2008

You're in Court, Not a Bar.

Kirstie Arnold, 28, of Lancaster, Kentucky, was sent to the Boyle county jail after wearing short shorts during a court appearance on Monday before Garrard District Judge Janet Booth.
Booth had warned Arnold about her clothes in two previous court appearances, and in the last appearance had fined Arnold $50 (£25) for her attire. A court videotape of Monday's proceeding contains the following exchange:
"Why shouldn't I put you in jail for contempt today?" Booth asked. "I told you twice."
"I'm sorry," Arnold said.
"No, you're not," Booth said. "I told you twice. I even fined you for being in contempt. Why shouldn't I throw you in jail today? You apparently don't care about the court's orders."
"I forgot," Arnold said.
"How could you forget?" Booth said. "No, seriously, how could you forget? It's a complete disregard of court order. Complete. You should go to jail today, and you're going."
"Well, next time I won't wear shorts," Arnold said.
"I bet you won't," Booth said. And with that, Booth ordered her to serve three days of temporary detention "for disregard and disrespect for court proceedings".
.
Short Shorts Get Woman Three Days Jail

No comments: