Thursday, May 19, 2011

Ohio governor, pink licenses has to go

Ohio Gov. John Kasich said his recent comments about doing away with the states pink driver's licenses were made.
.
Kasich said Tuesday during a speech at the "Dayton's Legislation Day in Columbus" event he is planning to "eliminate the pink driver's license."
"I just got mine the other day, and it's going," the governor said.
"I just got my ... license the other day, and everybody says, 'Can you change it from pink?'" Kasich said. "And then I looked at it and I went, 'Whoa.' So I think we're thinking about whether we can have a better color.
"I have the authority apparently to do it, so we'll see. We're thinking about it," Kasich said.
The licenses, which feature a dark salmon background and light pink coloring elsewhere on the card, were phased in during former Gov. Ted Strickland's administration in 2009.
.

No comments: