Police retrieves drunk driver with the drivers own TomTom
A 24 year old person from Tilburg cursed his expensive navigation system this weekend. Thanks to its TomTom the police force could retrieve the drunk man after he had caused a traffic accident.
The man, who drove in a car of a friend, did not give the right of way to a taxi driver at a junction and rode into the taxi. After the accident the drunk man ran away on foot, in the hope of escaping the police. These could however retrieve the place of residence of the man by checking the memory of the TomTom navigation system. The police force found the drunk man at the last programmed address. The suspect is a military and has been transferred to the royal military police.
Woman blows off boyfriend’s penis with firecrackers
A Russian woman got so upset by the news that her boyfriend intended to leave her that she tied several firecrackers to his penis and exploded them, the Life.ru web-site reports.
The 33-year-old victim, identified as Alik D. had lived with the woman whose name was reported as Kira V. for about two years, but when the girlfriend started suggesting that they should marry, the man refused and said that he would rather return to his first wife with whom he had a son.
When Alik started moving out Kira suggested that they had a farewell dinner. After a hearty meal and some heavy drinking Alik fell asleep. The girlfriend tied several firecrackers to Alik’s penis and exploded them. The man was rushed to intensive care and doctors are reported to be fighting for his life.
Even if the man survives the woman will face up to 12 years imprisonment.
Cop cuts off love rival's genitals
A French policeman has been charged with "a barbarous act of torture and mutilation" after he lopped off his wife's lover's genitals with a box cutter, Strasbourg prosecutors said today.
The 43-year-old father-of-five faces a maximum of 30 years in jail and is on suicide watch after handing himself in to his colleagues following Saturday's attack, according to officials involved in the inquiry.
According to prosecutors, the gendarme went over to his wife's lover's house in the eastern town of Reichshoffen, knocked the 54 year old unconscious, dragged him into his garage and emasculated him.
The policeman told neighbors to call an ambulance then surrendered himself to fellow officers.
An initial psychiatric report concluded that he acted in cold blood, and recommended that he be detained in a psychiatric facility.
Sex Spider was found in Dutch supermarket
A toxic spider crawled out of a bunch of bananas at the jumbo hypermarket in the Netherlands. This species of banana spider has poison that causes infernal pains and paralysis phenomena. Men bitten by the Phoneutria nigriventer experienced long and painful erections (PRIAPISM) which can lead to impotence.
The spider was captured by a hypermarket employee and has nobody was bitten, according to Johan Dijkstra manager of the vegetable department.
The very toxic Brazilian wandering spider (phoneutria nigriventer) traveled together with a bunch of bananas from Costa Rica to the Netherlands.
An employee of the vegetable department put the spider on display in a glass jar.
The store handed the spider over to a vet who killed the spider by drowning. "we must think of our own health, according to the vet".
The Brazilian wandering spiders appear in the Guinness Book of World Records 2007 for the most venomous animal.
Brazilian and US scientists are looking into using spider venom as a possible natural Viagra.
Gator found in restaurant bathroom
In the 35 years of running a restaurant by a Florida swamp, the owner of Clark's Fish Camp says it has never been invaded by a live alligator, until now.
Joan Peoples says that when workers prepared to reopen the restaurant, which had been closed due to unseasonable spring flooding from a nearby creek, workers found a 4-foot-long baby alligator hiding behind the commode in the men's bathroom, in Jacksonville, Fla.
"I thought it was a fish or an eel or something, and all I caught was the back of the tail," Peoples told the station. "I got down and started looking, and he got in behind the commode … and I said, 'Oh my God, that's a baby gator!'"
The gator was removed and placed in the creek, perhaps feeling relieved to be out of a restaurant whose menu of exotic foods includes alligator tail.
Eye holes in mask lead to suspect ID
Police in Memphis said the large eye holes in a robber's mask allowed a KFC manager to recognize him as a recently fired employee.
KFC manager Laketa Hollowell said she unlocked the front door of the restaurant Saturday morning after hearing a knock at the back door and a masked man armed with a knife rushed into the business and demanded money from a safe, the Memphis Commercial Appeal reported Monday.
Hollowell said she recognized the man as Ezederick Jones, 18, an employee who had been fired the previous day, because of the large eye holes in his mask. Her hand was cut during a struggle with the man and he fled after she addressed him by name, investigators said.
The manager called police and Jones was found by officers and arrested within hours, investigators said.
Cigarette bandit wore beer carton as disguise
Police in Nebraska are looking a man who stole cigarettes while disguising himself as a beer carton.
Lincoln police Capt. Bob Kawamoto says the man walked into a Kwik Shop convenience store before dawn Monday wearing an empty Bud Light box on his head as a mask.
Kawamoto says the man also had wrapped something around one of his hands, suggesting he was armed. But the man never showed a weapon.
Police said the bandit left with nine packs of smokes valued at nearly $50.
Lizard found in hospital sandwich
A hospital visitor went straight to the ER after he bit into a sandwich - with a dead lizard inside it.
Medics gave him Giuseppe Ferri the all clear at Maceretta hospital, in central Italy, but have launched an investigation into the snack horror.
Ferri said afterwards: "I bit into what was supposed to be a cheese and tomato sandwich and was surprised when I tasted something a bit meaty and chewy. I looked down and saw a lizard tail sticking out of the side of the sandwich.
"I opened it up and saw the dead animal and nearly passed out. It was so disgusting I felt sick."
He added: "The doctors said I am in no danger and no harm will come to me but I think it is outrageous that this has happened in a hospital, where standards of hygiene and on things like this should be extra high."
Caterers say the reptile must have fallen into the machinery at the factory that prepared the sandwiches for the health authority.