Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Small Bits of News You Didn’t Know you Needed

Worm causes computer crash
A Somerset man suspected a worm virus when his computer crashed - but was shocked to learn the problem was a real wom.
Mark Taylor called out an IT repairmen who found a five inch earthworm inside his laptop.
It had crawled into his computer through an air vent and wrapped itself around the internal fan, leading to a total breakdown.
Mr Taylor, suspects the culprits were his two cats who are in the habit of pouncing on earthworms outside and bringing them into the house.
Mr Taylor, from Yeovil, said: "The worm was obviously looking for a hiding place and must have crawled in through the air vent to get away from the cats.
"I couldn't help thinking that people get computer worms all the time, but not real life ones."
Computer technician Sam Robinson, 28, who discovered the worm said: "I took the back off and had a look inside. Then I spotted what at first I thought was some sort of hair band or elastic band wrapped around the fan.
"I soon discovered that it was a worm which had been burned to a frazzle. It had obviously wrapped around the fan when somebody had turned on the computer and caused the breakdown due to the fan jamming.
SWAT team suspended over nude photos
Police chiefs have suspended a group of SWAT cops who posed for nude pictures with their weapons out at their graduation party.
The nine elite officers - all men - stripped off and flashed their guns after a night of kinky sex games at the bash in Vastra Gotaland, Sweden.
In one featuring a male stripper, the special forces-trained cops posed for nude snapshots from the waist down while holding their police-issue sub-machine guns for a gay identity parade.
Shocked instructors broke up the bash and suspended the ringleaders from SWAT team duties while confining them to desk jobs.
Police spokesman Erik Nord said: "They say it was supposed to be a joke aimed at the instructors. During the party, a scenario was played out that was intended to shock them. They didn't display the most fabulous sense of judgment."
Funeral director leaves corpse in hearse to rot
A funeral director faces a felony charge after police found a woman's decomposing body in the back of a hearse. Police said the 76-year-old funeral home owner was charged Tuesday with abusing a corpse. Police said the woman died of natural causes in November 2007 at the age of 52. Relatives said they wanted her remains cremated.
But police said the family never signed papers for a cremation or paid the funeral home. So the owner put the body in the back of a hearse and parked it on a lot with other old vehicles.
Someone complained about a foul odor, leading officers to discover the decomposing remains.
Tattoo Jim said...
Oh damn!!! I'd hate to be within a mile of that hearse. Whew!!!!!
trail dust said...
That funeral home guy is old school.."No Deposit No Return"...
BTW, is it really a felony charge to leave a stiff in the car?

1 comment:

trail dust said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.