Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Man "totally engulfed in fire" after mishap

31-year-old Whitman native suffered life-threatening burns after pouring gasoline on a backyard fire pit in Abington Saturday night, causing an explosion, according to fire officials.
After the explosion, the victim was seen totally engulfed in fire and running across the yard, said Abington Fire Chief Arthur Pelland.
The victim suffered second- and third-degree burns over an estimated 75 to 80 percent of his body, said Pelland, who described the injuries as life-threatening.

No comments: